MyWeather Desktop and Mobile App for iPhone and Android
Today's US weather map above indicates that excessive heat warnings and advisories are in effect across much of the country, affecting some 100 million of us.
Weather apps are critically important to anyone outside for an extended period of time, whether working, swimming, hiking, boating, playing sports, walking the dog. An intriguing new free app MyWeather.com provides instantly updated weather for all the places that matter to you.
Save as many locations as you'd like: home, vacation and recreational spots, relatives' homes, work sites.
You can also send yourself SMS alerts.
- Touch the arrow next to any of your locations to view detailed current conditions: heat index/wind chill, dew point, humidity, precipitation amount, pressure (mb or inches), and wind speed/direction.
- Plan ahead: get the 10-day forecast for any location, with a visual summary of the sky condition, high/low temperature and chance of rain.
- View the hourly forecast on an easy-to-understand graph, and instantly see the weather trend for your location. Turn your iPhone sideways and the graph fills your screen. Touch any point along the graph to see that hour's forecasted sky condition and temperature.
- A full-color radar map centers in on your selected location. Turn your iPhone sideways for a full-screen, interactive map. Choose a display mode (road map or terrain view) and see lightning, storm cells, temperatures, wind speed and more. Zoom in and view the weather over your favorite golf course, sports arena, or beach.
- Want to read about the weather? The News tab gives you national forecast summaries, weather safety tips, and other helpful information.
Read More in: Emergency Alert Monitors | Emergency Weather | Home Weather Forecasters | Weather Gadgets
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Weather Snob for all the latest news.
Posted by Super Cool Pets Staff at July 21, 2011 8:12 AM